Coordinator and Partners
Funded by the Science Foundation Ireland - Discover Programme, AboutVaccines is the website created as the result of the Voices for Vaccines project.
The project was led by Dr Eileen Culloty, Assistant Professor, School of Communications, DCU and Deputy Director of the Institute for Media, Democracy and Society Fujo in collaboration with Barbara Gormley, Researcher and Lecturer in Science/Health Communication at DCU and Fardus Sultan, Director and Co-Founder of IT and Digital marketing company FarendNet, who designed the promotional material and the Aboutvaccines website.
The project was developed in cooperation with the following partners
- The Dublin City University
- DCU Institute of Future Media, Democracy and Society (FuJo)
- The National College of Ireland, Early Learning Initiative
- Federation of Early Childhood Providers Early Learning Educators and
- Ensar Hadziselimovic, Web developer and Co-Founder of FarendNet.
Additional support was provided by:
- The ADAPT Centre
- The Ireland Hub of the European Digital Media Observatory
- The Celsius Research Group at Dublin City University
- National Adult Literacy Association, NALA
- Professor Anthony Staines, Professor of Public Health and Health Systems, Dublin City University and
- DCU School of Applied Language & Intercultural Studies, Language Services.
Thank you to all project participants, the project partners and SFI funding. Special thanks to the parents, and Early Learning Educators and outreach workers who gave their voices to enable this project and the About vaccines website to happen.